~ WELCOME ~

I'm glad you could stop by and visit, enjoy your time here and if you see something you like, you can send me an email to check availability.

I will email those who have signed up to receive my mailings. If you'd like to be notified whenever I add something here, please let me know with an email~

I'm looking forward to offering you some of my handmades directly from~ me to you~ made in America one by one~

blessings to each of you

~Diane~

Saturday, May 29, 2010

~Halloween-Ready Moon Make-Do~

This very dapper Harvest Moon Man is already for Halloween with his witch's hat, (his favorite night of the Fall season). This whimsical make-do measures 17" tall.

Mr. Moon is made of aged, painted muslin. I needle-sculpted his nose and lips. His grey eyes and the shading were done with artists' pencils. I added a soft peachy blush to his cheeks and lips.
The witch's hat is made of black cotton with yellow polka dots. I trimmed the crown with yellow and black twisted chenille stems hand-stitched in place.
His full ruffled collar is made of two polka dot cottons, the black with yellow and a smaller coordinating dot of yellow with black.

I secured the Moon head to an old wooden candlestick that I painted black and waxed and buffed. This piece will also come signed and dated.

PRICE: 49.00 (includes priority mail w/ins.) in 48 US States.